Monday, April 2, 2018

Facebook delete Account ? Mostly not, but do fix Apps permissions access

So Elon Musk deleted Facebook accounts for his Companies. So i decided to check what more privacy thing is available that I can take care in my Facebook account. Since all the Leak of user data had happened thru the developer Apps - I decided to check which Apps have access to my Facebook data. Funny(/Scary) to see I had some stupid app back from 2009 also still having access to my Friends list and Pages I like. Why they need this.

Removed all the Apps and kept to bare minimal Strava and few more.

This link provides to see what app you have as connected.
https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=applications

1. Removed many apps and now it looks like this below.



2. Further more there is settings box which shows up like this below:
Simply put - this controls Apps how they use Facebook authentication etc. Just turned it to off for my account. 





This setting should take care how my data is shared by my authentication, but this doesn't answer as to how if one of the friend has provided access to some app - would that mean the App would still have my demographic data ? 


Awaiting to reach out some folks to have an answer on this.

No comments:

India BSNL - KYC Frauds Beware - Add complaint

If somebody has BSNL number be aware of frauds wrt disabling sim if "KYC not done". This is a fraud - Do not call any number in su...